Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Another Sock Creature

This is my first attempt at a sock creature. I have no idea what this is supposed to be, but whatever, it was fun to try something new. After this one I learned a few things...see my sock monkey tutorial.

So first thing to do is plan out what you want your creature to look like and how to cut up the socks.



Sew everything inside out, then turn right side out and stuff with fiber fill. You can't see in the pictures but I cut a slit in the back of the body so I could turn inside out to attach the ears with no rough seams on the outside. When I was done I just stitched it close with needle and thread.



I attached arms and legs with needle and thread, folding the rough cut edged inside so you wouldn't see them.


The heel of the sock forms the face and I decided later to add a mouth. You can see here that I used socks that were very thin and some of the fiber fill is started to creep out. Live and learn.


Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...